shockware flash is unresponsive and I cannot play videos on firefox..Please help???
I have a constant problem with shockwave. I have shockwave flash 15 plug in installed and am using FF 33.0.2 I constantly get a message that shockwave flash maybe busy or may have become unresponsive. It completely freezes up my Firefox. So I cannot watch any videos using Firefox. Everything works perfectly on Chrome. I have tried all the solutions previously suggested such as disabling hardware acceleration but nothing helps. I am ready to absolutely ditch Firefox..... This is so frustrating..
Ændret af barcann den
- Google Update
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Does it make any difference to disable the protected mode feature? The feature has security benefits, but is not compatible with all systems for some reason. You can disable it by creating or editing a settings file.
The following pages/posts provide different approaches for that:
- Adobe support article under the heading "Last Resort": Adobe Forums: How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?
- Batch file to automate the manual steps: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/982093#answer-518078
You may need to exit and start Firefox up again before this takes effect.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I was trying the above steps to see if it worked. but it didn't work. my shockwave flash is still crashing on FF and it works perfectly in Chrome. I cannot tell you how frustrating this is. I even get the same error message on Facebook when I am scrolling through the news feed and not even trying to load a video.
Some added toolbar and anti-virus add-ons are known to cause Firefox issues. Disable All of them.
thanks I will try that.. I will let you know if that works
Ok, I have disabled everything..and I still get the same error. shockwave is busy or unresponsive. it freezes up everything. and this does not happen on chrome. I really have tried everything. I have read on many forums that FF users often have run into this problem and have stopped using FF for that reason.
Ændret af barcann den
I've called for more help.
In the meantime, it is possible to disable the warning, with these instructions. However in the meantime on your about:support page are there any warnings about your graphics information?
the problem is that the when the warning comes up, the entire web page freezes and I have to cancel everything and wait maybe 10 seconds before I can scroll or anything on the page. I don't see any warnings about graphics on about:support but I am not sure what all the data listed actually means. thanks for all the help.
this is the graphics data on about:support Graphics Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 7640G Adapter Drivers aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64 Adapter RAM 512 Device ID 0x9903 Direct2D Enabled true DirectWrite Enabled true (6.3.9600.17111) Driver Date 12-6-2013 Driver Version 18.104.22.168 GPU #2 Active false GPU Accelerated Windows 1/1 Direct3D 11 (OMTC) Vendor ID 0x1002 WebGL Renderer Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 7640G Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0) windowLayerManagerRemote true AzureCanvasBackend direct2d AzureContentBackend direct2d AzureFallbackCanvasBackend cairo AzureSkiaAccelerated 0