Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Prohledat stránky podpory

Vyhněte se podvodům. Za účelem poskytnutí podpory vás nikdy nežádáme, abyste zavolali nebo poslali SMS na nějaké telefonní číslo nebo abyste sdělili své osobní údaje. Jakékoliv podezřelé chování nám prosím nahlaste pomocí odkazu „Nahlásit zneužití“.

Zjistit více
Otevřít

Keep All Threads Collapsed by Default in Thunderbird

mfabin

I use Thunderbird with Threaded View enabled and would like to keep using it.

What I am looking for is a way to have Thunderbird automatically keep older threads collapsed, while allowing threads that contain new or unread messages to remain expanded or become expanded automatically.

For example, a thread receives a new message - it is fine for that thread to be expanded. All other existing threads without new activity should remain collapsed. When Thunderbird is restarted, I would like older threads to stay collapsed rather than having many previously viewed threads expanded.

Is there a setting, hidden preference, add-on, or workaround that provides this behavior?

I am using Thunderbird on Kubuntu Linux.

I use Thunderbird with Threaded View enabled and would like to keep using it. What I am looking for is a way to have Thunderbird automatically keep older threads collapsed, while allowing threads that contain new or unread messages to remain expanded or become expanded automatically. For example, a thread receives a new message - it is fine for that thread to be expanded. All other existing threads without new activity should remain collapsed. When Thunderbird is restarted, I would like older threads to stay collapsed rather than having many previously viewed threads expanded. Is there a setting, hidden preference, add-on, or workaround that provides this behavior? I am using Thunderbird on Kubuntu Linux.

Všechny odpovědi (1)

I am guessing a persisted state is not available. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1867073

Note that threads with new message are shown as new messages positioned by the new message but otherwise I think you are on your own.

See also https://www.reddit.com/r/Thunderbird/comments/u1ejo1/automatically_expand_all_threads/

Položit dotaz

Pro přidání odpovědi se musíte přihlásit do svého účtu. Pokud dosud nemáte účet, položte nový dotaz.