This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Add-on for McAfee Site Advisor does not offer uninstall option, and I just switched to Norton
I switched from McAfee Internet Security to Norton Internet Security, and I would like to uninstall the McAfee SiteAdvisor Add-on. When I open the Add-on list, it shows SiteAdvisor as Disabled, but I don't have an option to uninstall it. The button is there, but not active.
All Replies (1)
You should be able to remove it from the Windows control panel.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel
- Open the list of installed programs:
- If in icon view, click Programs and Features
- If in category view, under "Programs", click Uninstall a program
- In the list of programs select the program, and then click Uninstall.
It may listed as McAfee Site Advisor, or just as Site Advisor. If it isn't mentioned separately then look for McAfee Security Center. Select that for uninstallation and a menu will then appear where you can choose which elements you want removed.
If you can not find it there, you can run the McAfee removal tool to uninsstall it, for details see http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507