Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Why am I not able to copy and paste, or choose from the dropdown list in youtube?

sunsetneox

Since the update before the last, I haven't been able to paste a name into the youtube search, or if i type in a name and the songs show up on a drop down menu, I cannot choose from that menu. It works fine in chrome, just not in firefox. This is annoying me so much I am about to quit firefox unless I can get some help.

Since the update before the last, I haven't been able to paste a name into the youtube search, or if i type in a name and the songs show up on a drop down menu, I cannot choose from that menu. It works fine in chrome, just not in firefox. This is annoying me so much I am about to quit firefox unless I can get some help.

All Replies (1)

That sounds like a YouTube/Firefox compatibility issue since it works normally in Chrome. I’d first try YouTube in Troubleshoot Mode to rule out an extension, then clear site data for youtube.com and reload the page.

If copying/pasting and the search suggestions still don’t work after that, I’d check whether the issue happens in a new Firefox profile. That would help narrow down whether it’s the Firefox installation or just your current profile.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.