Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

সহায়তা খুঁজুন

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

আরও জানুন
Open

Unable to attach files to emails (the ‘Attachments’ button does not respond)./ Anhänge an Email nicht möglich (Button "Anhänge" reagiert nicht).

Firefox-Konto

I want to attach a file to an email. However, the ‘Attach’ button isn’t responding. The help button at the bottom of the page isn’t responding either. This hasn’t been a problem before.

Ich will an eine Email eine Datei anhängen. Der Button "Abhänge" reagiert aber nicht. Auch der Hinweisbutton an der Fußleitse reagiert nicht. Bisher war dies kein Problem

I want to attach a file to an email. However, the ‘Attach’ button isn’t responding. The help button at the bottom of the page isn’t responding either. This hasn’t been a problem before. Ich will an eine Email eine Datei anhängen. Der Button "Abhänge" reagiert aber nicht. Auch der Hinweisbutton an der Fußleitse reagiert nicht. Bisher war dies kein Problem

All Replies (4)

This is a known bug. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2077526

Beyond drag and drop there is another workaround:

  • At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button ≡ > Settings > General
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click 'Config Editor'.
  • Search for the preference mail.compose.attach.dir.
  • The value (Path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).
  • Restart Thunderbird.

That should fix it.

Hi Christ1,

thank you for your answer!

I tried your advice. But it’s not working. I got an error message by sending an email without attachment. Server did not answer. Should I back up my email accounts, then uninstall Thunderbird, reinstall it and import the accounts? Or will the error persist?

I got an error message by sending an email without attachment. Server did not answer.

That is a different issue, unrelated to the attachment problem. When your attachment problem has been fixed using the workaround you can mark this topic as 'Solved'. In any case the TB158.0 update next week will have a fix for it as well.

Wrt your sending problem, please start a new topic.

Thank you for your answer an help! I will wait until Thunderbird will be updated and see what will happen.

একটি প্রশ্ন জিজ্ঞাসা করুন

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.