Showing questions for topic:

I've set a localhosted open-webui as ml.provider -> prompt isnt pasted by firefox

I've set my local open-webui as the browser.ml.chat.provider as https://llm.local/ and upon right click to a page and saying "summarize this" the side bar is opening. But… (прочетете още)

I've set my local open-webui as the browser.ml.chat.provider as https://llm.local/ and upon right click to a page and saying "summarize this" the side bar is opening. But the prompt doesnt get pasted to the webui.

Doing that while the sidebar is already opened works fine!

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Open 1

webサイトの中にgeminiが割り込んで文章を生成してくる

図のように、ページの中に青や白文字で青背景のポップアップが出てきて、サイトに関連する単語でgeminiが文章を生成するということがしばしばほかでも起こります。 これがwebサイト側の問題なのか、端末の問題なのか、firefoxの問題なのか検索エンジンのGoogleの問題なのかがわからないです。解決できる方がいたら教えてください。できれば消… (прочетете още)

図のように、ページの中に青や白文字で青背景のポップアップが出てきて、サイトに関連する単語でgeminiが文章を生成するということがしばしばほかでも起こります。

これがwebサイト側の問題なのか、端末の問題なのか、firefoxの問題なのか検索エンジンのGoogleの問題なのかがわからないです。解決できる方がいたら教えてください。できれば消したいと思っています。

https://yasashiigo.com/glossary/ta_gyou/damezumari.html 画像のページはこれです。 端末はHPですが、スマートフォンでも同様のことが起こりました。

Open

The AI chatbot providers in sidebar disappered

After updating to the smart window(beta), the AI chatbot providers in sidebar cannot be found, if it is possible, please add it back, it is so useful. And the new feature… (прочетете още)

After updating to the smart window(beta), the AI chatbot providers in sidebar cannot be found, if it is possible, please add it back, it is so useful. And the new features look pretty nice, cheers

Open 2 1

How do I keep my "Classic" Home Page from opening in "Smart Window"?

Since the last upgrade, my Home Page has gone from "Classic" to "Smart Window" which does not contain all the tiles I have on the Classic Page. I love having all those t… (прочетете още)

Since the last upgrade, my Home Page has gone from "Classic" to "Smart Window" which does not contain all the tiles I have on the Classic Page. I love having all those tiles on my home page. I have to manually change the page whenever I start Firefox. I am very old (over 80) and not as computer literate as I could be but I don't have grandchildren who can help me with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solved 2

Where is Smart Window? I have Firefox 156.0.1.

Where is Smart Window? I'm finding instructions on Mozilla starting with version 150 and now nothing? Is it deprecated now that Mozilla has aligned with the big AI conglo… (прочетете още)

Where is Smart Window? I'm finding instructions on Mozilla starting with version 150 and now nothing? Is it deprecated now that Mozilla has aligned with the big AI conglomerate? How do I fix this?

Open 2

AI Sidebar not working much, if at all.

The AI sidebar seems to have lost the functionality to 'Summarize Page' for GPT, Gemini, Claude etc. I don't necessarily want to be logged in to an AI account for this bu… (прочетете още)

The AI sidebar seems to have lost the functionality to 'Summarize Page' for GPT, Gemini, Claude etc. I don't necessarily want to be logged in to an AI account for this but that didn't use to be an issue in Firefox 156.0.1 on 2018 MBP 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.

When asked to Summarize Page' or do anything else the model spins out and glitches. Not sure why this is and have made sure all relevant config files are toggled to 'on'. Have Adblock Plus running by default and not logged in, as stated, but this didn't present any operational issues before.

Any ideas what the cause is?

With thanks,

Q

Open 1

Smart Window takes up all CPU and Memory

The Smart Window feature caused CPU usage and memory to max out. Disabled it as soon as I could find the setting to do so (Settings/AI Controls and BLOCK "Smart Window") … (прочетете още)

The Smart Window feature caused CPU usage and memory to max out. Disabled it as soon as I could find the setting to do so (Settings/AI Controls and BLOCK "Smart Window") and overload disappeared immediately. Everything is working fine now. What a disaster! Also did not find the interface terribly impressive or informative. Quite the opposite: It was almost deliberately vague and not at all intuitive.

Contrary to the claim that "Smart Window automatically groups related tabs, so everything has its place and what you need is easy to find" it just just described each of my open tabs (despite several related tabs being right next to each other) instead of supposedly grouping them by subject matter. That's basically useless -- I can see that for myself. Definitely not ready for Primetime.

Windows 10 Home, Firefox Version 155.0.1 (64-bit), Dell Inspiron 15 3000, installed RAM 8.00 GB, Storage 119 GB

Yes, I've been contemplating adding memory and/or buying a new laptop. But a new feature shouldn't totally freak out my system without some sort of appropriate warning about memory prerequisites, etc.

Open

how do you turn Smart Window off/on???

Was just trying out Smart Window for the first time. I can see the idea has potential. One thing that wold make it more useful is an obvious way to turn it off or on quic… (прочетете още)

Was just trying out Smart Window for the first time. I can see the idea has potential. One thing that wold make it more useful is an obvious way to turn it off or on quickly and easily. Any tips you might have would be appreciated.

Open 1

Firefox Sidebar Still Displays "Le Chat" Instead of "Vibe"

I noticed that Mistral’s AI assistant was rebranded from "Le Chat" to "Vibe" in May 2026. However, the Firefox sidebar integration still refers to it as "Le Chat," even a… (прочетете още)

I noticed that Mistral’s AI assistant was rebranded from "Le Chat" to "Vibe" in May 2026. However, the Firefox sidebar integration still refers to it as "Le Chat," even after recent browser updates. There is obviously no coordination between Mistral and Mozilla, and vice versa...I use Vibe daily and am starting to find this anomaly a little bit annoying. It simply looks sloppy.

Open 1 30

Does the chatbot sidebar have continual access to the pages I'm viewing?

If I enable a chatbot in the sidebar, does that bot have access to the pages I'm viewing - for example, on a continual basis, or only if I prompt it to read a page? Does … (прочетете още)

If I enable a chatbot in the sidebar, does that bot have access to the pages I'm viewing - for example, on a continual basis, or only if I prompt it to read a page? Does it have access to the URLs I'm visiting, etc.

The main help page explaining about the chatbot sidebar does not address this.

Open 1 10

Smart Window not available despite Beta Access

Hi! Some time ago I signed up for the early access of Smart Windows Beta (it was still referred to as AI Window at that time). A couple of weeks ago I got an email saying… (прочетете още)

Hi!

Some time ago I signed up for the early access of Smart Windows Beta (it was still referred to as AI Window at that time). A couple of weeks ago I got an email saying "Smart Window Beta is ready for you to try". However, when I click on the "Try Smart Window" link (clicks.mozilla.org/...), I get to a page that says "Join the waitlist" and I still do not have the feature available in Firefox.

  • I am on Firefox desktop on Linux
  • My Firefox version is 151.0.2
  • I am signed into Firefox with the same email address as I signed up for the early access with
  • I do not have "Block AI Enhancements" enabled
Solved 1 70

Got the invitation, but I don't see Smart Windows.

I received an email saying "You're in" for the Smart Windows testing. I am logged into the account in which I received the email invitation. I also made sure I updated to… (прочетете още)

I received an email saying "You're in" for the Smart Windows testing. I am logged into the account in which I received the email invitation. I also made sure I updated to the latest version of Firefox (151).

But I don't see any of the options mentioned in the main help article (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/smart-window#w_access-smart-window).

How do I get access to the Smart Window if I've received the invitation?

Solved 1 50

Search needs serious help

Hello, The Firefox search engine needs serious help. Your AI result doesn't even come close to Google, ChatGPT or Copilot. I often ask a question only to get an unhelpf… (прочетете още)

Hello, The Firefox search engine needs serious help. Your AI result doesn't even come close to Google, ChatGPT or Copilot. I often ask a question only to get an unhelpful answer and have to go to google to get a real answer. How come Firefox hasn't gotten on board with this yet? It's time!! - Nelson

Open 2 30