Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved Архивирани

New tabs open with a search site - I want to get my thumbnails back.

cynicalanddisgusted

When I open a new tab I get search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3319612&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=69&CUI=&SSPV=&Lay=1&UM=4&UP=SP19543CEB-FDD0-4BED-9A1B-7C1CECC96C28 rather than then new tabs page or blank.

I tried to change browser.newtab.url status: user set type: string value: search.conduit.com/?ctid=......

but it doesn't seem to accept any changes.

When I open a new tab I get search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3319612&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=69&CUI=&SSPV=&Lay=1&UM=4&UP=SP19543CEB-FDD0-4BED-9A1B-7C1CECC96C28 rather than then new tabs page or blank. I tried to change browser.newtab.url status: user set type: string value: search.conduit.com/?ctid=...... but it doesn't seem to accept any changes.
Прочетете този отговор в контекста

Избрано решение

did a google search for "search.conduit.com hihacked my new tabs page"

quickly found a solution - uninstalled search protect

problem solved.

Всички отговори (3)

Delete the user.js file in the profile folder.

And after run the searchreset tool.

  • Search Reset Tool. This will remove the rest of the traces of this program from your Firefox.

For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.

All of the lines in user.js were there as part of Zonealarm

I eliminated them all - the file is blank - to no avail.

Избрано решение

did a google search for "search.conduit.com hihacked my new tabs page"

quickly found a solution - uninstalled search protect

problem solved.