Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved Архивирани

How can I male Firefox open YouTube app for youtube pages and videos?

Marvin Mep

I tried to watch a video on youtube page, but I got a message saying that video wasn't available for mobile devices. I really wanted to watch that video, so I tried exactly the same page with android's browser... guess what? the browser sent the link to youtube app and I watched the video with no problem.

So, how can I make Firefox call youtube app instead of lie to me?

An example: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zI4Hl02898&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2zI4Hl02898%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

I tried to watch a video on youtube page, but I got a message saying that video wasn't available for mobile devices. I really wanted to watch that video, so I tried exactly the same page with android's browser... guess what? the browser sent the link to youtube app and I watched the video with no problem. So, how can I make Firefox call youtube app instead of lie to me? An example: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zI4Hl02898&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2zI4Hl02898%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Всички отговори (3)

Избрано решение

hello Doideira, you can make the video open in the youtube app when you press the little android icon in the right corner of the address bar while you're on the site.

Thank you, Phillip. it would be great if Firefox could tell us to try Youtube App instead of simply (erroneously) saying it can't be played on mobile devices...

Anyway, it's fine... now I know (I hope other people take the time come ask it).

I just realize that it happens to vimeo too, except for the fact that there's no android little icon... and I have no vimeo app installed in my device (and I don't intend to install). And guess what (again)? Android's browser plays vimeo videos with no problem! I don't know if it calls android's video player (since it starts fullscreen right when I touch play button) or whatever, the fact is that Firefox keeps lying to me. it's disappointing... =/