Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved

"inbound.att.net (POP) .. certificate revoked"? I can't download eMail!

paulburt

My eMail has worked fine for many years - until this morning.

 When I first tried to "get messages", I got a response, "connection to inbound.att.net server reset".
 I restarted Thunderbird, and then the computer (Windows 11), and when I tried again, I got, ""inbound.att.net (POP) .. certificate revoked".
 I can login to my ATT webmail, but I can't download eMail to my computer via Thunderbird.

... In my attempt to upload this question, I looked for the TB Version, but it said to update Thunderbird. I did so, not it is back to telling me "connection...reset"

 Please help!
My eMail has worked fine for many years - until this morning. When I first tried to "get messages", I got a response, "connection to inbound.att.net server reset". I restarted Thunderbird, and then the computer (Windows 11), and when I tried again, I got, ""inbound.att.net (POP) .. certificate revoked". I can login to my ATT webmail, but I can't download eMail to my computer via Thunderbird. ... In my attempt to upload this question, I looked for the TB Version, but it said to update Thunderbird. I did so, not it is back to telling me "connection...reset" Please help!

Всички отговори (4)

Избрано решение

OK, nevermind... apparently AVG antivirus decided it was a bad idea for me to download eMail. (WHY would it DO that?)

 I turned that off, now downloading my eMail.

" An error occurred connecting to inbound.att.net:995"

I keep downloading Certificates as Norton suggests but so far no changes have worked. I changed ports and Server, back to the xxx.bellsouthxxx.

Any other suggestions? T-Bird is up to date. I still have WIN 10 but with extended support.

Now after trying various servers and settings I cannot get into my Thunderbird email account at all!

Променено на от bmarx1

In my case, it was my AVG anti-virus. I disabled the eMail function of that, no more problem with eMail. I didn't change anything else.

(I was loathe to try changing certificates, as I would expect ATT or whoever to take care of that. What would I know about finding the correct certificate? Changing a certificate myself seemed like an opportunity for some hacker/scammer.)

It appears the problem was that AT&T revoked a certificate and didn't replace it until the next day. Things should be back to normal by now, so if you disabled AV or changed TB settings, you should revert those changes.

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.