Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved Архивирани

Extensions are not shown in toolbar after restore

Daniele Mancino

Hello, I wanted to restore Firefox to start clean. I wanted anyway to reinstall my (few) extensions, all of which are safe and well known. When I do that, though, their icons don't show up in the toolbar. When I open the "customize toolbar" setting, extension icons aren't there. So there's no way to add them to toolbar.

I tried all possible methods: - "Restore Firefox" and resync my account (extensions are reinstalled but icons not shown in toolbar / customize toolbar) - "Restore Firefox", not syncing, and manually installing extensions (icons still not shown in toolbar / customize toolbar) - Uninstall Firefox, delete everything in Profiles folder, reinstall Firefox. Same behavior.

So, it seems it's something not related to a broken profile, since a fresh profile, with no syncing, does not fix the issue.

Any clue of what I could try? Thanks!

Hello, I wanted to restore Firefox to start clean. I wanted anyway to reinstall my (few) extensions, all of which are safe and well known. When I do that, though, their icons don't show up in the toolbar. When I open the "customize toolbar" setting, extension icons aren't there. So there's no way to add them to toolbar. I tried all possible methods: - "Restore Firefox" and resync my account (extensions are reinstalled but icons not shown in toolbar / customize toolbar) - "Restore Firefox", not syncing, and manually installing extensions (icons still not shown in toolbar / customize toolbar) - Uninstall Firefox, delete everything in Profiles folder, reinstall Firefox. Same behavior. So, it seems it's something not related to a broken profile, since a fresh profile, with no syncing, does not fix the issue. Any clue of what I could try? Thanks!

Всички отговори (1)

Избрано решение

Update: I've been able to restore the extension icons by (after a fresh install) clicking on the puzzle icon in the toolbar and selecting "Add to toolbar".

Still curious, though: the extensions icons don't show in the "Customize toolbar" screen. Is this the default?

Thanks!