Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Тази тема беше затворена и архивирана. Моля, задайте нов въпрос ако имате нужда от помощ.
Locked Архивирани

Verizon Email Managed by AOL Is Suddenly Inaccessible with Thunderbird

SuMo Bot

Hi,

My Verizon email account years ago was no longer supported by Verizon and turned over to AOL. Recently, there was a changed at AOL that caused my Verizon account to no longer be accessible by Thunderbird. The error that I receive is that the sending of password did not succeed. Server error. Try again later. The password is correct from the client side. The server is not receiving the password from Thunderbird. I can log in from a web interface with no problem. What do I have to do in order to have this work? Is there something from Thunderbird that I have to change, or is the issue on the server?

Thanks

Hi, My Verizon email account years ago was no longer supported by Verizon and turned over to AOL. Recently, there was a changed at AOL that caused my Verizon account to no longer be accessible by Thunderbird. The error that I receive is that the sending of password did not succeed. Server error. Try again later. The password is correct from the client side. The server is not receiving the password from Thunderbird. I can log in from a web interface with no problem. What do I have to do in order to have this work? Is there something from Thunderbird that I have to change, or is the issue on the server? Thanks

Всички отговори (1)

AOL now requires an APP password. Log into your AOL account and locate the security section and create an APP password. This is needed for client applications and will NOT be the same as you use for web access.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.