Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Solved Архивирани

Disable master password feature

scott_sch

I changed my gmail password and regrettably enabled the master password in thunderbird. The new password wasn't saved and entering the master password fails and requests a new password every time.

I would like to disable this "feature" altogether and manually edit my passwords so that they work as they did before.

"preferences/security/passwords/saved passwords" doesn't show any saved passwords

I changed my gmail password and regrettably enabled the master password in thunderbird. The new password wasn't saved and entering the master password fails and requests a new password every time. I would like to disable this "feature" altogether and manually edit my passwords so that they work as they did before. "preferences/security/passwords/saved passwords" doesn't show any saved passwords

Всички отговори (2)

This article tells you how to manage a master password. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/protect-your-thunderbird-passwords-master-password

Избрано решение

from menu, "preferences/security/passwords/change master password"

"To remove the master password, leave both of the new master password fields empty."