Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Google Toolbar Translate no longer working

  • 3 cavab
  • 30 have this problem
  • 33 views
  • Last reply by ranv11

more options

My Google Toolbar Translate has not worked for about a month now. When I click it to translate a page (Simplified Chinese to English) it just sits there saying "Translation in progress" and never actually translates anything.

I have tried reinstalling FF, and the Google Toolbar. I have tried disabling all other extensions as well.

It works perfect in IE 8 though.

My Google Toolbar Translate has not worked for about a month now. When I click it to translate a page (Simplified Chinese to English) it just sits there saying "Translation in progress" and never actually translates anything. I have tried reinstalling FF, and the Google Toolbar. I have tried disabling all other extensions as well. It works perfect in IE 8 though.

All Replies (3)

more options

See this for support information about the Google Toolbar. http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/?hl=en

Or visit the Google Toolbar forum. http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Toolbar?hl=en

more options

I've checked those already and all they say is reinstall FF, or reinstall the toolbar, or dump prefs, etc. None of those have worked as many of the posts will indicate.

They say it's an FF issue and I agree because as I mentioned it works perfectly in IE.

more options

I don't have a theory on the origination of the problem. I do know the translation feature worked well (as could be expected) applied to Russian for over a year through numerous versions. Then, starting around v3.6 I am quite suddenly limited to about 4 lines at a time -- any more text and zero! My eye is immediately drawn to the "try Google Chrome ... with automatic translation" ad - funny how I never noticed that before.