Firefox keeps opening new windows endlessly every ten seconds or so, how do I make this stop?
This started today, maybe 45 minutes ago. Firefox will continuously open new tabs endlessly every 10-15 seconds. If i go through task manager and directly end the program it immediately starts back up and continues. I also tried resetting firefox and going into safe mode. Nothing works and even now I have to pause typing every 10 seconds to close a window. This is incredibly annoying and if I cant fix it soon will be uninstalling firefox. Can someone help please?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Google Update
- Happy Cloud Web Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Raidcall plugin
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.
Start your Computer in safe mode with networking. Then start Firefox. Is the problem still there?
Try to rename (or delete) the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox profile folder to reset all file actions.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window