Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How can I get my start page with the mozilla firefox logo instead of the world map?
Firefox version 29.0 sometimes opens with the Firefox circling the globe logo which after a few seconds reverts to the blue world map. Is it possible for me to retain and use the Firefox logo,which I like very much. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Onewa N.Z.
Okulungisiwe ngu NoahSUMO
All Replies (4)
- Type about:config into the address bar and press Enter.
- To bypass the warning, press the big button labeled "I'll be careful, I promise!".
- In the search box, paste browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the search results, double-click browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl
- In the "Enter string value" dialog, press the Delete key so that there's no text remaining, then press either Enter or the OK button.
As a side-effect of the above, only default tips will be displayed below the search box, because new ones won't be fetched from the web anymore.
This fix did not work. Thanks for trying anyway-Onewa
The world map you see is a recent snippet we launched to promote our new website, https://webwewant.mozilla.org/
It will go away in a few days and be replaced with the usual Firefox Logo :)
You can delete the storage\moz-safe-about+home folder in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed to reset snippets stored in IndexedDB.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)