WHen I click on icon, I get can't find firefox.exe file error.
Simple. When I click on the icon. I get an error screen. telling me: cannot find the fozfire.exe file. I'm thoughtly removed it & re installed it, 4 times now. Even went back 2 a prior rev. still nada.
Thaks, Mike in Detroit.
edit: removed personal information for your protection. please note that we cannot offer support via telephone, so please continue in the forum. thanks for your understanding! (philipp)
Okulungisiwe ngu philipp
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; Zango 10.3.75.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET4.0E)
Windows > Start > search bar > Firefox. This should display the Firefox in the list created by the search. Click FF to open the browser. Once FF is done loading mouse up to the address bar, hold down the right button as you drag the icon to your desktop. Once it is there, you can put it where you want.
Fred. Yeah I can find the .exe file on my c drive. Though when I click on it, I get that same error. As I mentioned I removed FF & it's accotiated program, & still no luck. I'm thinking lock out my virus protection & see if that's making it go south.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked