How to fix my firefox' s constant "not responding" issues?
Here's the deal. About last week, My firefox browser encountered some problems. Everytime I opened it, loading time was really long and when I opened a new tab either to open google search or to open another website, it didn't respond at all for about 30 secs or more. That was why I reinstalled firefox to see if it, hopefully, could be different somehow. Unfortunately, the problems now are not so different from what I have described, only now it's got a bit worse with the constant "not responding" and "freezing" in every tab I open - more or less than 30s PER TAB. I thought there was something wrong with my hardware or some features on my laptop, yet my google chrome still works. How does it still work? NO IDEA! But whenever my firefox freezes when I click on some links or a new tab, I turn over to GC and it still works really well so far. But I would prefer firefox to GC as my default browser since I'm more used to using it and a few features on it work better on the latter. So I would be really grateful if these issues are dealt with as soon and effectively possible. Thanks a lot :)
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3
Give some of these things a try:
This might be especially helpful:
Please let us know if this helped to resolve your problem!
I used to love Firefox but , know I have stopped using it on all of my computers at work home and my personal pc because it - stop responding all of the time. I have reinstalled it and still the same thing. I now use chrome , I hope you guys can fix the problem soon because I can assure that you are losing a lot of uses , who might not come back
Obviously you are under the impression that the developers,or for that matter,ANYONE at Mozilla gives a rats ass. Firefox has been a total piece of garbage for years now. I have NEVER experienced a browser with more problems than this useless thing. Once,many years ago,it was the standard,now it's completely unusable. And yes,people are leaving it in droves. Just look at the thousands and thousands of complaints you find about it. 100 times more than ANY other browser. Why stay with it,unless you are a total masochist.
The "not responding" problem just started today. I removed and re-installed firefox. I disabled ALL the add-ins and the problem remains. I've been using Firefox for years probably starting with version 2. I guess this is the end of the line for me. Chrome is more popular so that's where I'm going. Bye...
Unfortunately I'm going to miss some of the great add-ins and the so easy to use bookmark system but I need a browser that works All the time. Bye, Bye..
Okulungisiwe ngu CalBear
I started having problems with Firefox starting but not responding last night. Today, I fixed the problem by starting Firefox in safe mode and then resetting it to the defaults.
- Start Firefox in safe mode by holding down the shift key while starting the Firefox web browser.
- After Firefox has started in safe mode, from the Firefox menu select Help => Troubleshooting Information.
- On the right side of the page, under the "Reset Firefox to its default state" section, click the "Reset Firefox ..." button.
- Firefox will save some old browser information to a folder on your Desktop, and then reset the web browser to the Firefox defaults. (Your Bookmarks won't get deleted). I don't think I'll need this folder for anything and I'll just delete it in a couple of days.
- Firefox will restart and work normally again!