Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

HTTPS-Only Mode interferes with Automatic proxy configuration URL settings?

  • 1 baphendule
  • 1 inale nkinga
  • 21 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu m-ina

more options

I'm an old Firefox user. Thank you for excellent Browser!

However, I've seen some bad things in Firefox 89, so I'll report it. After upgrading Firefox to 89, access from behind the proxy no longer reaches all addresses beyond the firewall. I noticed that the page opens correctly when I play around with the settings, which is related to the HTTPS-Only Mode and Automatic proxy configuration URL settings. I specify the address of "http:" in the Automatic proxy configuration URL. In that case, if HTTP-Only Mode is ON, it seems that the proxy configuration file cannot be read correctly. When I turned off HTTP-Only Mode and reloaded again, the page was displayed correctly. Alternatively, I can give up the specification in the Automatic proxy configuration URL and switch to the manual specification. That said, before 89, all settings were displayed correctly, so I think it was a trigger for the change in 89. Is there anything you can think of? Is such a phenomenon happening in other people?

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

In Firefox 93, this phenomenon seemed to have been resolved. In my environment, even if the HTTP-Only Mode is turned on, the proxy configuration file can be read correctly and an external connection can be established. Thanks!

But I think it's probably this issue, but I haven't seen any progress...

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 0

All Replies (1)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

In Firefox 93, this phenomenon seemed to have been resolved. In my environment, even if the HTTP-Only Mode is turned on, the proxy configuration file can be read correctly and an external connection can be established. Thanks!

But I think it's probably this issue, but I haven't seen any progress...