Microsoft Surface YouTube playback choppy in Firefox
Hi, I just bought a Surface Go. It's got quite modest specs, Pentium dual core and 4 gb of ram.
However, I'm noticing playback of video, especially Youtube, is incredibly choppy, with lost frames and cuts. It's unwatchable. There is no such problem using Chrome or Edge.
What could be the cause of this? I notice there's some scaling weirdness in some menus in Firefox, as by default the surface scales apps to 150%, could this be a cause?
All Replies (1)
Does this seem similar to your question?
Almost always someone has the same question as you, but most of the time, it's answered.
Like this one :)
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
Okulungisiwe ngu user1321319