I cant play audio only mp4 or mp3 file with <audio> tag in firefox...how to tackle this?
In my web application m trying to play audio only mpeg 4 or mp3 files.I m using HTML5 <audio> tag to accomplish this,it smoothly working in chrome but not in firefox.Why this basic support not avail in Firefox?? Note: I read about some patent issues with mp4 and mp3 but i wonder why chrome browser can play those files.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
every plugin is up-to-date ..
every plugin is up-to-date...
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.