Why doesn't Mozilla fix the Yahoo problem - it is a hacking issue?
Dozens of people have strongly complained about Yahoo inserting itself in Firefox and hiding itself so it cannot be removed. This has been going on for at least a month.
Why doesn't Mozilla do something to prevent Yahoo from HACKING into Firefox.? It is an obvious attempt to pre-empt people's browser of choice. Surely there is someone in the Mozilla group who can either alter the code to block Yahoo or at least come up with a solution that lets the average user remove the stupid Yahoo software.
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- PARTcommunity 3D Web Viewer
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- AlternaTIFF v2.0.4
- Dassault Systemes 3dxml Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Firefox is open source. Yahoo's own version of Firefox has it's own customizations that they their users will like. We are aware of Yahoo modifying Firefox. We are glad to hear from you. You can also drop feedback at input.mozilla.org/feedback
Mozilla has "partnered" with Yahoo to allow them to offer a customized version of Firefox.
Firefox for Desktop
Opportunities include distribution, customized versions and more of our PC, Mac & Linux browser. Learn more about Mozilla Firefox distribution policies
Firefox has nearly 20 customized versions distributed by partners around the world including AOL, Bing, Twitter, Yahoo! and Yandex.
What a pathetic joke - the instructions to remove the unwanted Yahoo search engine tell you to open up the search engine list and remove Yahoo. BUT YAHOO IS NOT DISPLAYED IT IS HIDDEN AND CANNOT BE REMOVED.
That horrible fact is what is so annoying. It is willfully hidden by either Mozilla or Yahoo forcing it down the throats of people who do not want it!!
And a search on one's entire system does not turn up any reference to Yahoo.
ONE MORE TIME, THIS IS MY COMPUTER NOT MOZILLA'S OR YAHOO'S.
Please do what you know perfectly well is the right thing to do and provide a viable method for users to get rid of Yahoo.
Why, Alice, can't you specifically answer my questions instead of spouting the drivel about providing features for a broad range of customers. There are hundreds if not thousands of user that are not happy about this stupid problem.
由 Bigears78 於 修改
You will have to uninstall your current version of Firefox and then install Firefox from Mozilla directly at getfirefox.com
You need to read through Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page and look under Other solutions.
Another pathetic solution - using the Revo uninstaller, I got rid of everything on my workstation that had any reference to Firefox.
And then I went to download Firefox and missed one the the little boxes that said I wanted to install that other sick program called AVG. So when I brought up my "browerser" up came AVG.
Fortunately, it was trivial to remove by using the manage search engines procedure. And lo and behold, not only was AVG in the list but so was YAHOO
I highlighted both of them and deleted both of them. And then closed Firefox and re-opened it and there was YAHOO. PATHETIC PATHETIC PATHETIC OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGEOUS OUTRAGEOUS
Tomorrow I will have my guru lock on to my machine and get rid of the damn piece of trash.