gardei@gardei-lab:~$ ./firefox/firefox XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /home/gardei/firefox/libxpcom.so: libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
The latest Firefox won't launch. Here's what I get...
Both .so files exist in ./firefox
Thanks. -- BG
Hi, can you update your firefox and try again. goto Help->About Firefox and it will be automatically updated. Thanks
I tried again. New download. Same problem. -- Bill
Make sure that you meet the system requirements (GTK+ and GLib) for the current Firefox version.
Time to look for a new browser.
Did you check the permissions of all files and also make sure that it is an executable?
chmod 777 * - made no difference
@amitshree The answer is daft. The user cannot start firefox!
由 user392249 於 修改
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!