Can a link be sent via email from firefox?
Is there an equivalent in Windows firefox to Internet Explorer's File->Send->Link by email? I'm not interested in anything involving a firefox account.
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 106
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Cortona3D Plug-in for Mozilla-based Browsers (7, 0, 0, 188)
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.131.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Yes there is, but I would strongly recommend that you update your copy of Firefox to not only make use of this, but also to get several important security and stability updates.
This article should help you with this.
The article seemed to only be about doing updates, which I've done. However, I don't see the answer to "What is the equivalent to IE's File->Send->Email as link?"
You should find this article useful to help you to do that in Firefox.
I think we're getting closer. Perhaps it would help if I described what the Internet Explorer function does.
If you click on File->Send->Email as link, IE opens a create message window from whatever your default mailtool is, with the current URL in it. You can then fill in the To and Subject, etc. and Send.
It sounds like the answer to my question is "No, there is no completely equivalent function in firefox." If so, then the next best option is, is there a way to open a create message window from firefox? The article seems to only address how to set up email for when a webpage has an email option. I'm asking about if there is a way to open a create email window directly from firefox, not involving a web page.
there is a button in firefox to send a link via email that you can place in the toolbar when you go into customization mode: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars