Cannot load adblock; have tried all your posted solutions.
Happened after I upgraded to 37.0.2. I get the "Adblock Plus cannot be installed because Firefox cannot modify the file...." I am running XP sp3
i downloaded it from the Mozilla site and it didn't work until I looked in 'add-ons' and saw that it was disabled. Thank you for your help.從原來的回覆中察看解決方案 👍 0
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Hope that helps!
i downloaded it from the Mozilla site and it didn't work until I looked in 'add-ons' and saw that it was disabled. Thank you for your help.
Ah, it makes sense. Glad to hear it was solved!
Your user agent shows that you run Firefox in compatibility mode for Windows 98 (NT 4.10).
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in compatibility mode. You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.