Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
Solved 已存档

Firefox hangs while loading websites with videos or watching videos

chocolatecakeisnice

I have experienced that Firefox runs slow or hangs when I visit websites with embedded videos. The problem mainly occurs when I try to watch the video, but even just by loading the web page. No matter which video site linked to, it is problem with Youtube, Vimeo and others. What could be wrong?

I have experienced that Firefox runs slow or hangs when I visit websites with embedded videos. The problem mainly occurs when I try to watch the video, but even just by loading the web page. No matter which video site linked to, it is problem with Youtube, Vimeo and others. What could be wrong?
定位到答案原位置

选择的解决方案

Hi again! It seems like the problem solved itself... Probably by the new Firefox update or any oher plugin update that I have done the last week. I can watch Youtube videos without problems.

So, for now... I guess we can call this solved. But I don't know for sure what caused the problem and what solved it.

Thanks for posting replies and be willing to help me.

Over and out.

所有回复 (17)

Perform the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:

Check and tell if its working.

Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Thanks for the replies!

No, unfortunately I have not been able to solve the problem looking at those links. I have tried to deactivate several plugins and also run Firefox in safe mode but still the same problem. Don't knwo what to do. Aaah... frustrating.

From what I recall the problem started when I updated Firefox to a newer version some months ago.

If someone have hade the exact same problem and managed to solve, please contact me.

Hi again! It seems like problem is mainly with Youtube. For example Vimeo works much better. Any ideas?

A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.

Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.

See:


Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.

See also:

-> Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix

Check and tell if its working.

Thanks for replies.

I have tried to update my firewall (Zonalarm) and disabled Firefox, but without success. I guess it is another application that I should try to cut off, a media player plugin for example. Don't know which one that plays the Youtube videos...?

Perform the suggestions mentioned in the reply by cor-el.

Check and tell if its working.

Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and uninstall the flash player then reinstall the latest version.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash player. No, it didn't help. Thanks for the tip though.

I also tried to update my graphics card drivers to if that helped. Reinstalled Zonealarm firewall and also tried to run Firefox without having the firewall running at the same time to see if the firewall caused some problem. Nothing helps.

Aaah, it is sooo frustraing!

Any other ideas?

Did you try disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings? Right-click on any Flash video or animation , click "Settings" and uncheck “Enable hardware acceleration" in the Display tab.

Ref:

P.S. If you need a Flash video or animation to right-click, go here:

由AliceWyman于修改

Hi Alice! I have tried to disable the hardware acceleration but it didn't help. Thanks for the tip!

I thought this should have a simple solution. Have no idea how to troubleshoot this... Youtube works fine in IE so there is something with Firefox or some other application connected to it, but what?! So annoying.

由chocolatecakeisnice于修改

Have you tried creating a new profile in Firefox?

Create a New Profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.

IF that New Profile works then you can recover your History, Bookmarks and Passwords from the Old Profile.

Check and tell if its working.

Sorry, for late replies... It's not that I disregard you. Many things going on, so it's sometimes hard to find time for everything, like you probably know.

Thanks for the tips. I will try to create a new profile. But, first I would like to try some other things that I have thought about. I have experienced problem with Zonealarm before and I think I will completely remove it and all its components and see what effect that gives.

I'll keep you posted and tell how it goes.

由chocolatecakeisnice于修改

选择的解决方案

Hi again! It seems like the problem solved itself... Probably by the new Firefox update or any oher plugin update that I have done the last week. I can watch Youtube videos without problems.

So, for now... I guess we can call this solved. But I don't know for sure what caused the problem and what solved it.

Thanks for posting replies and be willing to help me.

Over and out.

Thanks for posting back that you no longer see the problem after your recent Firefox and plugin updates. I'll mark this question as solved.