Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Annotations Positions Change Using Firefox

gnulab

Hi,

I added some annotations to a PDF using Okular on CachyOS. When I open the PDF in Chromium’s built-in PDF viewer, the annotations appear in the correct positions, just as they do in Okular. I also checked using a few online PDF viewers, and the annotations display correctly there too.

However, when I open the PDF in Firefox, all the annotations appear in different positions than they do in Okular.

Hi, I added some annotations to a PDF using Okular on CachyOS. When I open the PDF in Chromium’s built-in PDF viewer, the annotations appear in the correct positions, just as they do in Okular. I also checked using a few online PDF viewers, and the annotations display correctly there too. However, when I open the PDF in Firefox, all the annotations appear in different positions than they do in Okular.
Ìsopọ̀ yíyà aṣàfihàn

All Replies (1)

Hi, This may be related to how Firefox’s built-in PDF viewer handles annotation coordinates. Since the annotations display correctly in Chromium and online PDF viewers, it could be a Firefox PDF viewer compatibility issue. You could try updating Firefox to the latest version, opening the PDF in a private window, and testing with Firefox Troubleshoot Mode to rule out an extension-related issue. If the problem continues, it may be worth reporting it as a Firefox PDF viewer bug with the PDF file and screenshots attached. Hope this helps.

Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.