Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Since the latest Firefox update I can't stream a movie in full screen

zablilly

My computer just updated Firefox. Since that happened I can't stream a movie in full screen. That is, I can make the window as big as the screen, but I can't hide the tabs, time and date, pull down menu titles, etc, I want to see nothing but the movie. On Netflix you typically do this by clicking on the rectangle in the bottom right corner. But now nothing happens when I click on this. Can you help with this?

Thank you

I uploaded an image to show what I mean, but nothing is showing next to the words Uploaded images.

My computer just updated Firefox. Since that happened I can't stream a movie in full screen. That is, I can make the window as big as the screen, but I can't hide the tabs, time and date, pull down menu titles, etc, I want to see nothing but the movie. On Netflix you typically do this by clicking on the rectangle in the bottom right corner. But now nothing happens when I click on this. Can you help with this? Thank you I uploaded an image to show what I mean, but nothing is showing next to the words Uploaded images.

All Replies (1)

I'd try pressing F11 first, even if the video’s own full-screen button isn't working. If that doesn't do it, restart Firefox and test the video again. Since this started right after an update, I'd also check whether Firefox's full-screen toolbar setting got changed. Type about:config in the address bar, search for browser.fullscreen.autohide, and make sure it's set to true. That setting controls whether the toolbars hide in full-screen mode.

Béèrè ìbéèrè

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.