Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Èròjà atẹ̀lélànà yii ni a ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́. Jọ̀wọ́ béèrè ìbéèrè titun bí o bá nílò ìrànwọ́.
A ti fi pamọ́ fọ́jọ́ pípẹ́

i want to disable my location

abe50

I want to do all what i can not to reveal my location (city, state, zip, etc) when browsing to any website, unless I must.

I want to do that for privacy & security. I don't want to be found except from authorities.

What are the steps i need to follow ?

Are there any add-ons that can help?

I want to do all what i can not to reveal my location (city, state, zip, etc) when browsing to any website, unless I must. I want to do that for privacy & security. I don't want to be found except from authorities. What are the steps i need to follow ? Are there any add-ons that can help?

All Replies (1)

Sites generally geolocate you based on your public IP address, which is assigned by your service provider. To use a different IP address, people generally use a private VPN service (usually not free), or a peer-to-peer service such Hola (free if you allow others to use your connection as their address), or Tor.

Here's an example of a private VPN service: https://www.anonymizer.com/