Showing questions for topic:

Feature request - larger, permanent scroll bars option

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate … (مزید پڑھیں)

I am requesting that the update team consider providing an option for larger and permanent scroll bars. The current small, disappearing scroll bars require more accurate placement of the cursor than is easy and sometimes results in false signals to Thunderbird to scroll as you try to center the cursor. I know I spend several seconds messing with it each time I want to scroll up or down or just go to the next line as I'm reading. This may be a request to accommodate the elder community, who often has less fine motor control in their hands.

Solved 2

How Can I View All Messages in my Folders Automatically?

Hello, I hope you're doing well. I have noticed that Thunderbird forces me to click a drop arrow to view my messages in every single folder, as shown in the screenshot. … (مزید پڑھیں)

Hello,

I hope you're doing well.

I have noticed that Thunderbird forces me to click a drop arrow to view my messages in every single folder, as shown in the screenshot. I do not want this.

How can I set Thunderbird to automatically show all emails in my folders?

Thank you in advance!

Solved 2

I have lost message in conversation for my emails

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours o… (مزید پڑھیں)

I have lost Open message in conversation for my emails, We have 2 main computers & 1 still has it , but mine lost ( have asked my tech guy & spent several hours on this ) , currently , I have to walk to the other computer to use this VERY usefuil , normal ability

I can't read the trail of emails that have been sent so very tricky

Cheers , Very much Craig

Open 1

change priority order of email...

I have also the small and simple problem of this old question: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1419582 if there is a solution or a workaround for ordering the… (مزید پڑھیں)

I have also the small and simple problem of this old question: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1419582 if there is a solution or a workaround for ordering the addresses it qould be nice regards Domenico

Open

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ok, so my Thunderbird updated this week to a new version, which I don't like very much but that's besides the point. Anyway, I always leave Thunderbird open (24/7) and I… (مزید پڑھیں)

Ok, so my Thunderbird updated this week to a new version, which I don't like very much but that's besides the point. Anyway, I always leave Thunderbird open (24/7) and I have a notification sound to let me know when mail comes in that I have been using for well over a decade now, but as of this last update my Thunderbird no longer plays that sound at all. I have tried every fix I could find online (ie: checking if its muted in volume mixer, making sure the default/proper sound source is selected, changing the drive for the custom notification sound, you name it I tried it) and NOTHING works. Even trying to use just the basic default notification sound doesn't work at all anymore. I have even gone to the length of completely reinstall Thunderbird itself but the problem persists.

When I click PLAY in the settings it plays the sound just fine, any sound I select, so I KNOW the sound is perfectly fine...it's Thunderbird itself that seems to be broken. It just will not play ANY notification sounds all of a sudden.

I need an email client open, and I absolutely NEED the notification sound. I have been using Thunderbird for like 15 yrs, I really really don't want to have to switch to a new client over something like this, but like I said I NEED that notification sound and if I can't get it working again I'll have no choice.

can anyone help PLEASE?!?! I'm desperate!

Open

Reply text is tiny and I dont know how to increase the font size

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that … (مزید پڑھیں)

Hi I am using TB 156.0 (64-bit) on Linux. I guess there was an update t TB and now when I reply or forward an email, the font size of the text is tiny. I also found that the font size for just viewing the body text of an email was tiny, but I was able to fix that. But for the font size in the body of a reply or forwarded email is tiny and I have gone thru all the settings for hours with no luck. Any help much appreciated.

Solved 2 30

default actions http/s not working unless use open in Browser as a link..

I used to be able to 'click' an email link,.. and the page would auto open in chrome,.. with a message at the top of the screen informing me this was happening. For some … (مزید پڑھیں)

I used to be able to 'click' an email link,.. and the page would auto open in chrome,.. with a message at the top of the screen informing me this was happening. For some reason I must now use right button, and open in browser,.. in order to open the email link provided. s/w as follows:- Name Thunderbird Version 156.0 Build ID 20260915113124 Distribution ID ubuntu-snap-build User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:156.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/156.0 OS Linux 7.0.0-34-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Sep 2 14:29:37 UTC 2026 OS Theme Yaru-yellow / Adwaita Application Binary /snap/thunderbird/1259/usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird-bin

I have tried deleting the handler.json file but this does not fix or resolve the issue. My current Files & Attachments,.. has just a pdf entry,... set to preview in Thunderbird,.. and this duly open pdf's in a TB tab.

I have found the config editor settings,... for network.protocol-handler.external.http and network.protocol-handler.external.https and can verify they are set to true

But I still cannot just click on an email link,.. and have it open in my default browser.... Can anyone offer some options as to what i am doing looking where,.. wrong. Many Tx

Open 1

Auto correct "i" to "I".....how?

When i compose an email in TB i have to go back and correct. When i use Outlook 2019 (now possibly migrating to TB and / or Betterbird) i never have this issue… (مزید پڑھیں)

When i compose an email in TB i have to go back and correct. When i use Outlook 2019 (now possibly migrating to TB and / or Betterbird) i never have this issue as it always corrects the "i" to "I" when creating a sentence using UK language and dictionary pack settings. Why can't i do this with TB when composing.

Is there a setting for this. Many thanks in advance.

Open 2 31

IMAP: Delete body but save subject lines for all emails

Running Windows 11 Home and Tbird 153.4.0esr. Tbird configured with IMAP. I have many years worth of emails stored in my Tbird profile folder. Profile folder is 25 GB. … (مزید پڑھیں)

Running Windows 11 Home and Tbird 153.4.0esr. Tbird configured with IMAP. I have many years worth of emails stored in my Tbird profile folder. Profile folder is 25 GB.

I want to delete the bodies of all emails in the profile folder but retain the subject lines to minimize the size of the profile folder (while keeping bodies of all emails on the server). Then I can retrieve any email from the server.

Anyone do this successfully without losing emails? Is there a step-by-step procedure for doing this on the Mozilla website? (Google is giving me an Ai answer but not a link to a Mozilla answer.)

Solved 1

I want to completely undo all threading

Good afternoon I have been struggling to find some messages specific to specific dates and spend an awful amount of time tryomh yo access the correct one. The solution pr… (مزید پڑھیں)

Good afternoon

I have been struggling to find some messages specific to specific dates and spend an awful amount of time tryomh yo access the correct one.

The solution proposed is a bit unclear to me, as it refers to "future folders". I need to unthread all my messages. Is this possible?

Thanks

PS The only version number i could find was for Firefox. There does not seem to be one for Thunderbird.

Solved 7

Thunderbird daily: too much information in forwarded messages

Thunderbird did not work last summer so I switched to Daily working similar and fine. One day forwarded messages started to contain a huge list of mail-data (Authenticati… (مزید پڑھیں)

Thunderbird did not work last summer so I switched to Daily working similar and fine. One day forwarded messages started to contain a huge list of mail-data (Authentication-Results, DKIM-Signature,..) instead of just time, date, topic, adress. How can I get rid of this? Thank you

Solved 1

Changing to modern theme

Hi, I’m having an issue with the appearance of the right-hand side where my conversations are displayed. It looks like it has reverted to an older version of the interfac… (مزید پڑھیں)

Hi, I’m having an issue with the appearance of the right-hand side where my conversations are displayed. It looks like it has reverted to an older version of the interface. Sometimes it switches back to the newer, more modern design, but in this case it has stayed on the old layout.

How can I change it back to the newer, modern interface? I’ve already tried changing the theme and restarting several times, but the issue is still there.

Could you please help me fix this?

Thank you!

Open 1 184

Incorrect time on Thunderbird

Since our clocks/time went back one hour last weekend, Thunderbird for Mac is displaying the incorrect time. It displays the time as 1 hour ahead, effectively hasn't acc… (مزید پڑھیں)

Since our clocks/time went back one hour last weekend, Thunderbird for Mac is displaying the incorrect time. It displays the time as 1 hour ahead, effectively hasn't accepted the time change. The system time is correct, and Thunderbird is set to read system time. I have also tried changing it to "set manually" to our location, it makes no difference. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Solved 6

Microscopic fonts appear in compose screen, cannot change. Fix?

Using Tbird many years, but suddenly my compose window changed to microscopic fixed font for all compositions. Cannot be changed (unless a trick known!) by any font contr… (مزید پڑھیں)

Using Tbird many years, but suddenly my compose window changed to microscopic fixed font for all compositions. Cannot be changed (unless a trick known!) by any font controls I know. Rumor this happened at an update? Useless to send messages too small for anyone to read! What is fix?

Open