Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Вирішено Архівовано

My inbox has dozens of warning messages saying a message that I didn't send couldn't be sent

rainerhildenbrand

Yesterday, my inbox was flooded with warning emails saying that messages (that I didn't send) could not be delivered. None of these people are in my address book. What's going on?

Yesterday, my inbox was flooded with warning emails saying that messages (that I didn't send) could not be delivered. None of these people are in my address book. What's going on?
Вкладені знімки екрана

Усі відповіді (2)

Вибране рішення

Most likely a spammer was using your email address as From: address in spam messages. What you receive are error messages from non-existing recipient email addresses. That's called backscatter. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_(email)

For the time being you can filter those messages to delete them, or simply wait until it stops.

THANK YOU for taking the time to answer my question. I believe you are right and, I took the added precaution of changing my email password. Thanks again. Best, Rainer