Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Вирішено Архівовано

how to create shortcut keys in thunderbird 24.5.0

bazmand

Help I'm new to this [shortcut keys] but understand that "keyconfig" isn't compatible in the latest version of Thunderbird 24.5.0. I tried installing it but it's rejected due to incompatibility.

How do I create new shortcut keys, say "empty junk folder" or "empty deleted items folder"?

thank you

Help I'm new to this [shortcut keys] but understand that "keyconfig" isn't compatible in the latest version of Thunderbird 24.5.0. I tried installing it but it's rejected due to incompatibility. How do I create new shortcut keys, say "empty junk folder" or "empty deleted items folder"? thank you
Читати цю відповідь у контексті

Вибране рішення

Good.

There are several articles on mozillazine giving the names of the internal functions you can call from keyconfig scripts. Happy hunting.

e.g.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension:_Thunderbird http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

Усі відповіді (4)

What's the exact error message when it reports incompatibility?

I have keyconfig 20110522 installed and working here in TB24.5.0 on LMDE.

I was just about to post a solution I worked out when you kindly helped. For others' all you seem to have to do is:

- search for the link "keyconfig.xpi" from Mozilla search site - save it to desktop - open Thunderbird, Tools/Add-ons - click on the cog/settings icon - choose "install add-on from file" - search to where you saved it - install and re-boot.......done!

hope this helps and thanks for your very quick response.

cheers

Barry

Вибране рішення

Good.

There are several articles on mozillazine giving the names of the internal functions you can call from keyconfig scripts. Happy hunting.

e.g.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension:_Thunderbird http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

Thanks for the info. I found that article as well.....just bit too much information but seems to cover all bases.

cheers