Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Вирішено Архівовано

Thunderbird eliminated most on-line folders and won't let me create new ones to replace them and read email stored in them.

hostba

In order to delete a large number of files in an on-line folder (an IMAP folder?), I deleted the folder and then created a new folder with the same name. The next time I opened Thunderbird, all my on-line folders except Sent and Trash were gone, and I could not re-create the folders that were deleted. I cannot access files stored in those folders or move files to folders with the names of the deleted files. I can create files with names not used before. But I cannot create a new Junk folder to hold files that Thunderbird routinely sends to Junk. I am not getting some emails in the process. Local folders are unaffected by this. What can I do? I have Thunderbird 24.5.0. Thanks for any help.

In order to delete a large number of files in an on-line folder (an IMAP folder?), I deleted the folder and then created a new folder with the same name. The next time I opened Thunderbird, all my on-line folders except Sent and Trash were gone, and I could not re-create the folders that were deleted. I cannot access files stored in those folders or move files to folders with the names of the deleted files. I can create files with names not used before. But I cannot create a new Junk folder to hold files that Thunderbird routinely sends to Junk. I am not getting some emails in the process. Local folders are unaffected by this. What can I do? I have Thunderbird 24.5.0. Thanks for any help.

Усі відповіді (2)

Вибране рішення

Go to File-Subscribe and see if you just unsubscribed to the folders.

Check View-Folders and make sure ALL is checked.

Learn how to use multiple selection methods and do not delete complete folders that you want to keep.

control+a = select all

click on item 1, move up or down several items and hold the shift key while clicking item 2 = selects items 1 and 2 and all in between

hold the control key while clicking random items = selects any item clicked on

hold the control key while clicking a selected item = deselect that item