Showing questions for topic:
คำถามที่แสดงป้ายกำกับ:

Google search from search bar triggers Captcha

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've det… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

My current version of Firefox is 151.0.4 (64-bit) & for the past 2 weeks or so every time I use the search bar to google something it triggers one of those "We've detected unusual activity from your network" requiring a Captcha. At first I tried all of the typical stuff [antivirus, vpn, extensions, etc...] to make sure that wasn't the issue. But as of yesterday & confirmed today I can actually go to Google's website first & do the search from there with no issue & no captcha.

So, whatever the issue is has to do specifically with doing the search via the search bar... for some reason. Is this a bug in the browser, or is there perhaps some setting that could cause this to happen in the about:config page? Though, I doubt a setting could be it because I've changed the settings I've changed now for years without causing this issue.

Solved 7 7 1298

Feature suggestion for easier search engine selection in adress bar

Hello there, I use Firefox on Linux and on my Iphone. On the Iphone, when I type in asomething in the search bar, on the bottom of the app I can select with one click, w… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

Hello there, I use Firefox on Linux and on my Iphone. On the Iphone, when I type in asomething in the search bar, on the bottom of the app I can select with one click, which search engine to use. On firefox desktop, this needs more clicks and I would find it helpful, to have the engines shown next to the text and be reachable with one click. Thank you for this great browser!

Open 4 60

raspberry pi open search in new tab does not work even after "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" is checked and "browser.search.openintab" is set to true

I have a Raspberry Pi 4b with a 64bit 4 core Arm CPU and 8GB ram. It is currently using Debian Trixie with the Xfce4 desktop. I installed Firefox, and went through the s… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

I have a Raspberry Pi 4b with a 64bit 4 core Arm CPU and 8GB ram. It is currently using Debian Trixie with the Xfce4 desktop.

I installed Firefox, and went through the setup. I made sure that in settings -> general the "Open links in tabs instead of new windows" is checked. I also set the about:config "browser.search.openintab" is set to true. My default search engine is DuckDuckGo.

Firefox will not open any search in a new tab. It opens them in the search results tab only. I have an x86-64 notebook and an x86-64 desktop running Xubuntu that are using the same settings, and they function properly.

Am I missing something? Is this a peculiarity to the arm version of Firefox? Is there another setting specific the Raspberry Pi or arm Firefox that I have to change?

Cheers!

Solved 2 30

hijack by yahoo

I have been very happy since installing Firefox as my search engine. Yahoo has hijacked this, and when searching my laptop, it does not seem to exist, but all the searche… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

I have been very happy since installing Firefox as my search engine. Yahoo has hijacked this, and when searching my laptop, it does not seem to exist, but all the searches are headed with a yahoo tab. How do I resolve this problem? Regards Barry

Solved 1 60

Unable to go to local ip address

I was able to enter an ip address that is on my local network into the search bar until a recent firefox update. Now when I type in the ip address, it goes to google with… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

I was able to enter an ip address that is on my local network into the search bar until a recent firefox update. Now when I type in the ip address, it goes to google with my address in the search bar. Is there a way that I can still access my server over a firefox?

Open 2 70

I cannot create a custom "No AI" search

The browser won't allow me to add DuckDuckGo's No AI search to the browser; see attached image. This isn't a question: this is an issue with the Firefox browser that need… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

The browser won't allow me to add DuckDuckGo's No AI search to the browser; see attached image.

This isn't a question: this is an issue with the Firefox browser that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Open 7 30

Search was fine; now reverted back to searching in address bar - unchecked in settings. Please help

A few months ago, Firefox was handing off 'search' from the Google search bar (in the middle of the page) to the address bar. In March this was fixed with updated versio… (อ่านเพิ่มเติม)

A few months ago, Firefox was handing off 'search' from the Google search bar (in the middle of the page) to the address bar. In March this was fixed with updated version 148.1 (I believe). When I logged in this morning - Firefox said there was some kind of error and made me reinstall it. My search reverted back to handing off to the address bar - AGAIN! In settings I located, under 'Search' the box that allowed this hand-off and I unchecked it and restarted Firefox and STILL my search is being moved from the Google search bar in the middle of the page to the address bar. I mean, WTH?!?!?!? Why is everything always a problem? Why is nothing working correctly? Why does Firefox make these indiscriminate changes? I cannot work like this. Please, please, please, someone help me.

Solved 2 80