Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Open

Thunderbird freezes when downloading email only from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com

Petru Necula

Thunderbird freezes when downloading email only from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com

Environment: Windows 11 Pro, Surfshark VPN and Bitdefender Total Thunderbird 156.0 (64-bit), yahoo.ca POP3 account

The Symptoms: Thunderbird stopped downloading emails from my yahoo.ca account with the message "Downloading message 1 of xx" where xx was increasing from one day to the next.

What I Have Tried: I disabled the antivirus and VPN without any result. I searched on internet and I tried the following solution:

 - I deleted the file named global-messages-db.sqlite
 - I repaired and compacted all the folders

without any result. I entered the web interface in my yahoo.ca account and I saw that after the last message downloaded in Thunderbird there was a message from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. I deleted the message from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com, restarted Thunderbird and it started downloading messages until the next email from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. I repeated the procedure several times with the same results. Thunderbird downloads any message except messages from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. For example the messages from promotion@aliexpress.com are downloaded without problems.

I installed Thunderbird 156.0 (64-bit) on another computer I have, using the same environment, with the same result.

Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thunderbird freezes when downloading email only from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com Environment: Windows 11 Pro, Surfshark VPN and Bitdefender Total Thunderbird 156.0 (64-bit), yahoo.ca POP3 account The Symptoms: Thunderbird stopped downloading emails from my yahoo.ca account with the message "Downloading message 1 of xx" where xx was increasing from one day to the next. What I Have Tried: I disabled the antivirus and VPN without any result. I searched on internet and I tried the following solution: - I deleted the file named global-messages-db.sqlite - I repaired and compacted all the folders without any result. I entered the web interface in my yahoo.ca account and I saw that after the last message downloaded in Thunderbird there was a message from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. I deleted the message from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com, restarted Thunderbird and it started downloading messages until the next email from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. I repeated the procedure several times with the same results. Thunderbird downloads any message except messages from transaction@notice.aliexpress.com. For example the messages from promotion@aliexpress.com are downloaded without problems. I installed Thunderbird 156.0 (64-bit) on another computer I have, using the same environment, with the same result. Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.