Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

เรียนรู้เพิ่มเติม
Open

How "continue applying filters" by default?

sinkva

I leave Thunderbird running on my computer at home to do filtering and to handle spam. My account is an IMAP account. I often get a dialog box saying "Applying filter [name of filter] failed. Would you like to continue applying filters?" When this dialog box has not been dismissed, filters (and handling spam) seem to halt. Until the dialog box is dismissed.

That's not the desired behavior IMO. I'd like for TB to continue applying filters no matter what, and to (perhaps) log the failure in the log file.

Am I missing a setting that does this? If not, can we change the default behavior so that spam filtering does not halt (maybe with an error message in the log file) ?

TIA!

tech details: MacOS 15.7.2, Thunderbird 153.0.1 (aarch64)

I leave Thunderbird running on my computer at home to do filtering and to handle spam. My account is an IMAP account. I often get a dialog box saying "Applying filter [name of filter] failed. Would you like to continue applying filters?" When this dialog box has not been dismissed, filters (and handling spam) seem to halt. Until the dialog box is dismissed. That's not the desired behavior IMO. I'd like for TB to continue applying filters no matter what, and to (perhaps) log the failure in the log file. Am I missing a setting that does this? If not, can we change the default behavior so that spam filtering does not halt (maybe with an error message in the log file) ? TIA! tech details: MacOS 15.7.2, Thunderbird 153.0.1 (aarch64)
ภาพหน้าจอที่แนบมา

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.