Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

ఇంకా తెలుసుకోండి
Solved

I want to change the computer name in the Sync setup, without deleting and recreating the whole thing.

Ms_Technician

I changed my computer's name, so I want it to reflect in all the browsers. Without deleting and setting up the whole thing again, How can this be done economically?

I changed my computer's name, so I want it to reflect in all the browsers. Without deleting and setting up the whole thing again, How can this be done economically?

ప్రత్యుత్తరాలన్నీ (4)

ఎంపిక చేసిన పరిష్కారం

The browser name is in its Sync Settings, easily changed using the "Change Device Name" button:

jbr, if you only knew how I feel. We never see what's right in our face... Thanks so much.

Ms. Butler

No worries! Changing something on one's personal data sync for the first time without any previous experience with the results might be slightly unnerving, and being cautious is the better option here I guess;] Since I've done this a few times in the past week I've already verified it's a trivial thing and there's nothing to worry about when changing it back and forth to one's liking;))

jbr - That's the problem. it's not new, it's as old as Firefox has existed. Been using it too long to have forgotten where it resides...

ఒక ప్రశ్న అడగండి

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.