Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

ఇంకా తెలుసుకోండి
Open

My thunderbird updated from 140 and now i can't open my old messages. Error connecting to mail server.

ivan30

My thunderbird updated now i can't open my old files, how can i fix this?

My thunderbird updated now i can't open my old files, how can i fix this?

న Wayne Mery చే మార్చబడినది

ప్రత్యుత్తరాలన్నీ (4)

Hi ivan30,

An update normally shouldn't prevent Thunderbird from accessing your existing mail, so I wouldn't delete or move any of the old files yet.

This can happen if Thunderbird has started using a different profile after the update. Your old messages and settings are stored in your Thunderbird profile, separately from the Thunderbird program itself.

Could you tell us which operating system you're using and which Thunderbird version you updated to?

Also, when you say you can't open your old files, do you mean your old emails and folders are missing from Thunderbird, or that you have separate Thunderbird files on your computer that Thunderbird won't open?

If your emails and folders have disappeared, please don't create a new account or delete any existing profiles yet. We can check Thunderbird's Profile Manager to see whether your previous profile is still available. Mozilla's current guidance specifically recommends checking the other profiles before making changes.

I am using the windows 10 system. And Thunderbird 153.4.0esr These emails are still in my inbox, but if I click on them I,m not able to get them to pull up. I get a message that my server has timed out. It seems when I went from the 140s version to the 153 version that's when the problems started.

Cliking on them in the message list? What is the exact, full error message about the timeout? And who is your mail provider?

server mail.daystar.io has disconnected. the server may have gone down or there may be a network problem. Compass Foundation is my provider.

ఒక ప్రశ్న అడగండి

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.