The only way I can display the taskbar is to hit the Windows button. Then it disappears when I do anything else. I wan it to display all the time.
All Replies (1)
If you minimize Firefox, do other applications play nicely with the Taskbar?
Usually Firefox only covers the Taskbar in full screen modes, so if a regular "maximized" window covers the Taskbar, Firefox may have stored corrupted data for the screen height. Here's what we usually suggest in that case: rename the file and have Firefox rebuild it. Here's how:
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" Help > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table on the page, on the Profile Folder row, click the "Open Folder" button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders in Windows File Explorer.
Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Exit, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Exit
- (menu bar) File > Exit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then right-click xulstore.json and click Rename, then edit the name to something like xulstoreOLD.json and press Enter or click away to complete the edit.
Start Firefox back up again. Do windows display normally again?
That mini-reset may hide the menu bar and bookmarks toolbar. You can use one of these methods to show the toolbar list and select the desired bars there:
- right-click (on Mac Ctrl+click) a blank spot on the tab bar (or the "+" button)
- (menu bar) View > Toolbars
On Windows, tap the Alt key to activate the menu bar temporarily.
- in Customize mode > Toolbars button (see: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars)
To turn on the Bookmarks Toolbar or Menu Bar, click it on the list.