Firefox not allowing Dell.com to update my Dell computer
Dell updates to my Dell computer are blocked
'Problem loading page':
The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox can’t connect to the server at www.dell.com What can you do about it?
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
Vybrané riešenie
Dell SupportAssist has always been, and probably will always be, totally buggy,
Go directly to Dell Support [https://www.dell.com/support/home/) and enter your Dell Service Tag (don't post your Tag publicly anywhere). That should allow you to see all the latest updates for your specific model's factory config. You can download and install them directly from there.
NOTE: You may see updates that have already installed on your PC. So check release dates to see what's actually recent. Then open the specific page for a new update and compare the version number being offered with the version already installed on your PC, as shown for that component (eg, video card, etc) on its Drivers tab in Device Manager. Be sure to read the installation instructions on the support page for any update you want to install.
Attempting to install a driver version that has already been installed usually isn't a problem. It might simply replace the installed copy, or give you a message that the same driver (or an even newer one) had already been installed. In that case, just exit the installer.
I never use SupportAssist for any of my Dell PCs. I always check manually using my Service Tags. I have a small spreadsheet with the latest update version numbers that I've manually installed for each component. The next time I manually look for updates, I can quickly check my spreadsheet to see if there's really a newer version for that component.
Všetky odpovede (6)
Hey Max, are you able to log in to dell.com using another browser?
Hmm, I hadn't thought of that ... Err, no - here's the reply:
This page isn’t working www.dell.com redirected you too many times.
Try deleting your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Sadly that's not clear whether it would have worked if I'd not tried too many times :(
Max
In Firefox, open Tools>Settings>Privacy & Security. Scroll down and click the button Clear browsing data . Be sure all boxes are checked on the box that pops up. You will be logged out of all sites, including this one). Then try accessing Dell again.
It's possible their servers are down. So if you still can't get in, wait a while and try again...
Upravil(a) rohe1318 dňa
Sadly, this didn't didn't help. I'm using Dell SupportAssist>Update Software>Check for Updates It goes through the check, flags up a message 'We can't continue until your PC restarts. Restart then try again' Each time I restart (must be ten times by now), I go through the same process, with the same result.
If I try Dell's original email (18/9/26) 'New updates available for Alienware m18 R1 ...'> 'Check compatibility'> I'm still getting the 'The page isn’t redirecting properly ...' message. The banner at the top says: 'Your connection may not be private Learn more ' - which brings me to you
Thanks for your help so far, by the way,
Since this doesn't work in any other browser I'm suspecting it's a site bug — if the source link is a personalized email they might've gotten the inputs query parameters just wrong and can't process them, getting stuck in a loop.
Try to find the same resource on your own manually using the site instead of following a direct link from elsewhere.
Vybrané riešenie
Dell SupportAssist has always been, and probably will always be, totally buggy,
Go directly to Dell Support [https://www.dell.com/support/home/) and enter your Dell Service Tag (don't post your Tag publicly anywhere). That should allow you to see all the latest updates for your specific model's factory config. You can download and install them directly from there.
NOTE: You may see updates that have already installed on your PC. So check release dates to see what's actually recent. Then open the specific page for a new update and compare the version number being offered with the version already installed on your PC, as shown for that component (eg, video card, etc) on its Drivers tab in Device Manager. Be sure to read the installation instructions on the support page for any update you want to install.
Attempting to install a driver version that has already been installed usually isn't a problem. It might simply replace the installed copy, or give you a message that the same driver (or an even newer one) had already been installed. In that case, just exit the installer.
I never use SupportAssist for any of my Dell PCs. I always check manually using my Service Tags. I have a small spreadsheet with the latest update version numbers that I've manually installed for each component. The next time I manually look for updates, I can quickly check my spreadsheet to see if there's really a newer version for that component.