Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Vyhľadajte odpoveď

Vyhnite sa podvodom s podporou. Nikdy vás nebudeme žiadať, aby ste zavolali alebo poslali SMS na telefónne číslo alebo zdieľali osobné informácie. Nahláste prosím podozrivú aktivitu použitím voľby “Nahlásiť zneužitie”.

Ďalšie informácie
Archivované

Removing the master password fails (win10)

old_nic

I set a master password many years ago, and I still remember it so have no problem opening the profile which it locks. However I am fed up with typing it, because it is long and complex. I tried to change the password, but Thunderbird says unable to change Master Password. I tried unticking the Use a Master Password box, it asks for the existing master password, but although the box disappears, the Use Master Password box remains ticked, and the profile asks for the Master password on startup. I guess I could create a new profile, and suppose that would not need a password. But what is the point of a tick box and a system for changing the Master Password if it doesn't work!

I set a master password many years ago, and I still remember it so have no problem opening the profile which it locks. However I am fed up with typing it, because it is long and complex. I tried to change the password, but Thunderbird says unable to change Master Password. I tried unticking the Use a Master Password box, it asks for the existing master password, but although the box disappears, the Use Master Password box remains ticked, and the profile asks for the Master password on startup. I guess I could create a new profile, and suppose that would not need a password. But what is the point of a tick box and a system for changing the Master Password if it doesn't work!

Upravil(a) Wayne Mery dňa

Všetky odpovede (4)

What is your full version number?

Hi Wayne 115.6.1 64 bit .

First backup your Thunderbird profile data.

Then try https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1869330#c7 and post your results here please.

Will do, but there will be a long delay as I am very busy, as soon as I have time will get back to you.