Browser Guard causing many websites to load slowly or freeze Firefox browser
Had to disable Browser Guard because of problems with far too many websites that I access on a frequent basis (MS Edge works fine). Problems noted:
- Slow loading of many website page.
- Firefox often hangs up (cannot close webpage) when loading websites.
- Problem most severe when load a folder of websites at the same time.
- After Firefox hangs up and I try to open Firefox again, get error message that Firefox is still running.
- All sites with problems are configured in Firefox settings as "allowed" safe sites.
- Latest update didn't resolve the problem.
- Microsoft Edge works smoothly.
- Reimaged PC to Windows Image saved a month ago to see if older version of Firefox would work better--No improvement, problems noted above persist.
- After disabling Browser Guard, Firefox was able to quickly load the same sites I was having problems with, even when opening from a folder of multiple sites.
This problem is a recent development, what changed? -- Are Browser Guard updates different than Firefox browser updates?
Všetky odpovede (1)
Note that with 111, you are a few versions behind as current is 113.0.1.
Browser Guard is a third-party application and not part of Firefox, so in case of issues best is to contact its creator (Malwarebytes) for support.
Upravil(a) cor-el dňa