Password incorrect on new device
I recently purchased a new laptop. Wanting to have the same tabs, history and saved logins as my desktop, I wanted to sync my desktop Firefox account with the new laptop. Both are windows 10 and up to date version of Firefox. When attempt to sign in to Firefox on the laptop, I get an "Incorrect password" message. I'm using the same email on both computers (only have 1 email anyway) and have had the account and used Firefox for years. Anyone have an idea of what is going on? TIA!
Všetky odpovede (3)
Hello, have you tried the "Forgot Password?" if so, voyer if your anti-virus do not play a dirty trick in the clearing, it will be automatically replaced by the Microsoft anti-virus, which allows you to move a little! ok, I leave you and do not panic-it's certainly not much, good evening.
Note all data on the Sync server is removed when you change (reset) the password of the Firefox Sync Account.
In case of issues try to login to the Firefox Account via this website.
You can use a removable USB drive to transfer your personal data.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Resetting password is not an option (will lose information). I tried the 2 urls listed. Neither worked. With the work I do, I need the two browsers to communicate as to latest history and passwords. I update sites I visit daily for work and can't spend time constantly transferring data between the computers. Need to find out why I can't log in on new computer.