Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Vyhľadajte odpoveď

Vyhnite sa podvodom s podporou. Nikdy vás nebudeme žiadať, aby ste zavolali alebo poslali SMS na telefónne číslo alebo zdieľali osobné informácie. Nahláste prosím podozrivú aktivitu použitím voľby “Nahlásiť zneužitie”.

Ďalšie informácie
Archivované

Firefox taking 12 GB of RAM

riomhaire

The other day I was just using my computer as normal, no excessive number of tabs open, when all of a sudden 6 or so programs stop responding and the computer slows to a crawl. I open the task manager to see what's happening and at the top of the processes list I see two firefox.exe processes, one at 7 GB of used memory and one at 5 GB of used memory, as well as assorted other processes with between 30 and 400 MB of used memory.

I tried refreshing Firefox and only installing one addon back (Reddit Enhancement Suite), and not thirty minutes later it's running slowly and has two pages above 4 GB again.

My Firefox is up-to-date, and I've never had problems with RES in the past. Do you know what could be causing this immense RAM usage?

The other day I was just using my computer as normal, no excessive number of tabs open, when all of a sudden 6 or so programs stop responding and the computer slows to a crawl. I open the task manager to see what's happening and at the top of the processes list I see two firefox.exe processes, one at 7 GB of used memory and one at 5 GB of used memory, as well as assorted other processes with between 30 and 400 MB of used memory. I tried refreshing Firefox and only installing one addon back (Reddit Enhancement Suite), and not thirty minutes later it's running slowly and has two pages above 4 GB again. My Firefox is up-to-date, and I've never had problems with RES in the past. Do you know what could be causing this immense RAM usage?

Všetky odpovede (1)

Bad coding website.