Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Vyhľadajte odpoveď

Vyhnite sa podvodom s podporou. Nikdy vás nebudeme žiadať, aby ste zavolali alebo poslali SMS na telefónne číslo alebo zdieľali osobné informácie. Nahláste prosím podozrivú aktivitu použitím voľby “Nahlásiť zneužitie”.

Ďalšie informácie
Archivované

setting up email to connect with existing email account

jodixon

I have a new computer and have tried to set up a thunderbird email account to access email. I don't want to set up a new account but wish to use existing account. This works fine until i get to nearly the end and I enter my email and password which I know is correct as I can get to email account through browser and I get mssg 'Configuration could not be verified - is user name or password wrong' The account is a secondary account ie set up by our organization administrator.

I have a new computer and have tried to set up a thunderbird email account to access email. I don't want to set up a new account but wish to use existing account. This works fine until i get to nearly the end and I enter my email and password which I know is correct as I can get to email account through browser and I get mssg 'Configuration could not be verified - is user name or password wrong' The account is a secondary account ie set up by our organization administrator.

Všetky odpovede (1)

If this is a corporate email account Thunderbird may not be able to automatically pick the correct server settings. Check with your organization administrator about the correct server settings, and then chose 'Manual Setup'. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manual-account-configuration