If you're on a Mac with Apple Silicon and are experiencing errors when trying to watch Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Prime or another streaming service after installing Firefox 84+, you might need to install Rosetta. Rosetta is required on Mac with Apple silicon in order to run some apps.
Sample error messages
Some of the error messages may say:
- Netflix: Pardon the interruption. We’re having trouble playing Netflix…Error code F7702-1003
- Hulu: Can’t play title. We’re having trouble playing this video. Please try again later.
- Disney+: Something went wrong. Please try again...Error Code 83
- Amazon Prime: Video unavailable. We’re experiencing a problem playing this video…
How to install Rosetta
If you're encountering these errors, please install Rosetta by following these steps:
- Open Terminal by typing it in your computer’s Spotlight Search field or double-clicking it in Finder → Applications → Utilities → Terminal.
- In the terminal window, run the command: /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --install-rosetta
- Agree to the license terms, follow the instructions by pressing A and then pressing return.