How to add the Firefox Preview search widget to your home screen
You can search with Firefox Preview without having to open it first by adding the search widget to your Android home screen.
You can resize the widget by pressing down on it and dragging the edges to your preferred size.
Depending on the size of the widget, you can perform any of the following functions:
- Tap the microphone to use voice search.
- Please note that if you don’t have a voice library installed, the microphone will not show up.
- Tap the search box or widget icon to open the Firefox Preview search field.
Add the search widget
On some phones, lightly pressing down on the Firefox Preview icon will cause a menu to appear; you can use it to add the search widget directly to your home screen. If this option is unavailable to you, follow these steps:
- Press down on any empty spot on your home screen.
- Tap “Widgets.”
- Look for Firefox Preview on the list, press down on its widget, and drag it to your preferred spot.
- If you don't want the default size, resize the search widget by pressing down on it until the edges show (or the home screen change to edit mode), then drag the edges to your preferred size.