Regular freezes on Firefox
I'm on Windows 7, and since a while, i have regular annoying freezes, it happens when i go on some websites... When a freeze happen, the FF windows reduce automatically and i can do nothing, even the PC entirely is freezing and my hard drive is working hard it seems, it takes 10-15 secs. I tried a lot of things to resolve this:
- Delete FF with CCleaner and reinstallate it.
- Desactivate graphic accelerator of FF and Flash.
- Delete Flash and reinstallate it.
And i still have this issue, don't know what it is... Maybe it's Flash but what can i do? Maybe it's my graphic card? I have a "mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family", i remember i updated the driver, maybe it's from that? But what can i do now, go back to an old version?
I have flash and Java updated, i checked all plugins.
Thanks for your help, i don't know what to do more...
Oh and i have the same issue with others browsers like Chrome.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
If this is also happening on other browsers then I don't think it is likely to be a Firefox issue.
I suggest doing some standard checks to try to speed up your computer:
- Defragment your hard drive
- Run CCleaner to remove unneeded old temp files etc
- Check what programs are starting on boot and disable any that are not needed
- Check how much RAM is being used when your computer is idle. If you have 2GB or less of RAM then consider buying more RAM.
- How full is your hard drive? If it is very full your computer will run slowly. Consider buying a bigger/faster hard drive or deleting some files.
I hope this helps.