Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

How to change what search engine the adress bar uses when typing in a search to something that isn't Google

basedchild

I currently left all Google services I used, Gmail, Chrome, etc.. because of the recent selling info to the gov and what not and although it may or may not be true I am being safe and switched to Firefox and a different email provider. Anyway so far I like Firefox I am using DuckDuckGo as my current default search and I would like to use it as my search engine when I type in a search in the address bar, by default it's Google how do I change it to a search provider I want to like DuckDuckGo?

I currently left all Google services I used, Gmail, Chrome, etc.. because of the recent selling info to the gov and what not and although it may or may not be true I am being safe and switched to Firefox and a different email provider. Anyway so far I like Firefox I am using DuckDuckGo as my current default search and I would like to use it as my search engine when I type in a search in the address bar, by default it's Google how do I change it to a search provider I want to like DuckDuckGo?

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (2)

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Hello,

If you have installed DuckDuckGo on Firefox, you can follow these steps:

  1. Type about:config in the address bar.
  2. A warning appears, click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
  3. Type browser.search.defaultEngine in the search box at the top of the page.
  4. Double-click the item that appears.
  5. Set the value to DuckDuckGo or whatever search engine that you would like to use (case sensitive I think).

(I have attached a screenshot).

Thank you very much!