Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

JAWS 12 and 13 don't work properly with Firefox 10.0.4 ESR

ponyta

I have both JAWS 12 and 13.0.852 installed on Windows 7 64 bit. My Firefox version is 10.0.4 ESR. The JAWS virtual pc cursor is on but when I press the up and down arrows on a web page, nothing is spoken. It doesn't seem to recognize tables either. It works fine in Internet Explorer.

Here is a sample page: http://www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm

I've already repaired JAWS and it made no difference.

I also noticed that while in FF browser, if I press ins+v, it brings up the Quick Settings for Firefox but the same options are not there (there are fewer) as when using Internet Explore. For example, the 'List and Table Options' is not there.

I have both JAWS 12 and 13.0.852 installed on Windows 7 64 bit. My Firefox version is 10.0.4 ESR. The JAWS virtual pc cursor is on but when I press the up and down arrows on a web page, nothing is spoken. It doesn't seem to recognize tables either. It works fine in Internet Explorer. Here is a sample page: http://www.usability.com.au/resources/tables.cfm I've already repaired JAWS and it made no difference. I also noticed that while in FF browser, if I press ins+v, it brings up the Quick Settings for Firefox but the same options are not there (there are fewer) as when using Internet Explore. For example, the 'List and Table Options' is not there.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (3)

Are you sure this software is compatible with Firefox? To check, make sure you have only the latest version installed of the problem plug-in, then update Firefox to the latest version by going to this link (direct from Mozilla download servers), and then see if it works.

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Does it help if you disable hardware acceleration?

  • Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Wow. Thank you so much! That did the trick. JAWS is now working fine.