Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Zarchiwizowany

Keyboard (macOS) how to enter a new line that does not insert a new paragraph.

joaquin.oakland

I don't find in the on-line documentation any method to--when composing the body of an e-mail message--start new line without starting a new paragraph.

What I want is in a sense the opposite of the non-breaking space. I have read that discussion.

I am asking how to enter a break, without adding the space that is use between paragraphs.

I don't find in the on-line documentation any method to--when composing the body of an e-mail message--start new line without starting a new paragraph. What I want is in a sense the opposite of the non-breaking space. I have read that discussion. I am asking how to enter a break, without adding the space that is use between paragraphs.

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (1)

joaquin.oakland said

I don't find in the on-line documentation any method to--when composing the body of an e-mail message--start new line without starting a new paragraph.

Nor will you as commencing a new line is commencing a new paragraph.

What I want is in a sense the opposite of the non-breaking space. I have read that discussion.

Everything to do with computing text layout has its roots in the paper printing industry. Not the typewriter document creation process. there is a somewhat general discussion on the subject here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2046530/whats-the-opposite-of-a-nbsp

I am asking how to enter a break, without adding the space that is use between paragraphs.

Generally in the Thunderbird composer you would change the style used from paragraph to body text. Then there will be not space between your paragraphs. Microsoft have done an excellent job at deskilling folk with regard to the use of styles with their word processor products tailored to breaking with the tradition of defined styles for specific types of text. They are however still a very big part of HTML and those that are not familiar with them often struggle with email formatting because HTML is the markup language used in email. There is also a setting that allows you to set the use of body text as the default.